This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Script request

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
T
The Mad One
Voice

Script request

Post by The Mad One »

Hi i wondered if someone could make this script for me or at least get me started. A m8 and i have just got an eggdrop after upgrading from our other bot which was a heavilly scripted mirc instance and had loads of problems user management mainly. We are both tcl newbies so have no idea where to start.

The script i want is a anti channel hopper script (as our secondary clan channel has a bad case of channel hoppers), basically the script i used for the old bot timed for 30 second when each person came in the channel when that ran out it checked to see if they are still in the channel, if they are not on the channel then it would add them to the user list.

If anyone could do this for me i would be a happy man :D
I would like to learn to do it myself so if someone could walk me through ti that would be even better.

thanks for any assistance :) :wink:
T
The Mad One
Voice

Post by The Mad One »

bump : o

come on guys there must be some crack ace coder out there willing to give it a try :cry:
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

It's not the fact that there are no good coders. A lot of the people on the forum are at least knowleged in some way.

It's the fact that people just request scripts, then expect them to majocaly appear after 2 days.

You will find, that a lot of people will help, if the idea behind the topic, is sound, and is somthing they are interested in, not for themselves, but as a challenge.

We don't get paid for it, so don't expect miracles.
t
tainted
Master

Post by tainted »

I would have to suggest making an attempt to writing it at least, then if you have problems come here and request help. Be sure to attach a link to your code or the code itself and any errors that you are getting.