This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

How to find out what kind of IRC network is it?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
I
Imoq

How to find out what kind of IRC network is it?

Post by Imoq »

As the topic says, I am confused about what kind of IRC network is my bot running on.

When I connect to server, I get this:

Dec 23 11:11:11 --- Your host is irc.server.net, running version tr-ircd(kenora)-5.0(01)-r#3
Dec 23 11:11:11 --- This server was created Sun Nov 17 2002 at 23:38:02 CST
Dec 23 11:11:11 --- irc.server.net tr-ircd(kenora)-5.0(01)-r#3 aAinorRtwx abcefhiIklmMnNoOpqrRstTuvxz abefhIklMouvz
Dec 23 11:11:11 --- NOQUIT SAFELIST INVEX EXCEPTS WALLCHOPS MAP USERIP CHARSET=rfc1459 CASEMAPPING=rfc1459 MAXBANS=100 TOPICLEN=307 KICKLEN=307 :are available on this server
Dec 23 11:11:11 --- WATCH=128 MODES=13 SILENCE=10 NICKLEN=30 CHANTYPES=&# PREFIX=(uohv).@%+ CHANMODES=abehIMouvz,k,fl,cimnNOpqrRstTx NETWORK=Server MAXCHANNELS=10 :are available on this server

I just tried to guess and set up the bot's config file like this:

set net-type 5
#set check-mode-r 1
set nick-len 30
set max-modes 30
set max-bans 20
#set kick-method 1
#set modes-per-line 3
#set include-lk 1
#set use-354 0
#set rfc-compliant 1

If you have any comments about this I would appreciate them.
N
Nexus6
Op

Post by Nexus6 »

it's ok for sure :) cause I haven't heard of kenora ircd
I
Imoq

Post by Imoq »

From the server's page:

IRCD Software

The TR-IRCD 5.0 is no longer based only on Bahamut, though the procotol modules use the same definition. Network code, and module code ideas are borrowed from hybrid-7, the coming EFnet ircd. Information about hybrid can be gained on http://www.the-project.org/

By the way, server's URL is:

http://tr-ircd.sourceforge.net/

In case that helps.

Thank you for your answer :)