This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

I Cant belive im running Eggdrop off windows

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
w
wirehead2003
Voice

I Cant belive im running Eggdrop off windows

Post by wirehead2003 »

im running eggdrop off windows with a program called windrop does anyone know any problems with this program?
if not ive just saved myself a lot of money from shell account rentals i recommend this program to everyone :lol:
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Please read other threads on the forum, regarding eggdrop.

Windrop, is reality, is eggdrop, with 3 letters changed from "egg" to "win".

It is created from exactly the same code, with a few small minor differances. Some code simply wont run on windows, without any major overhauls. But at the end fo the day, they make no major differance, and are usualy for display.

Eggdrop on windows isn't the most stable program in the world, as neither is windows.

Too operate windrop, you will need a stable, allways on connection. Otherwise, the eggdrop will not be worth anything as a protection system.

This is the job of a shell provider, to provide a tsbale allways on connection.
D
D4N3
Voice

Post by D4N3 »

ive used eggdrop on windows, i never knew of a windrop program tho, i just thought thats what eggdrop was referred to as when it was run on windows, most of the time it worked fine, but sometimes i'd get errors that i couldnt fix, cuz the OS and program didnt wanna cooperate i guess
p
ppslim
Revered One

Re: .....

Post by ppslim »

D4N3 wrote:ive used eggdrop on windows, i never knew of a windrop program tho, i just thought thats what eggdrop was referred to as when it was run on windows,
As noted in my post, that is exactly what windrop is.

Windrop is eggdrop.

It is the same thing as Microsoft making "Win ME", and calling it new. It was simply "Win 98" with a tonn of junk addedd.

Windrop is simply what we call eggdrop, if we are running on windows.
W
Weirdo
Master

Post by Weirdo »

Windrop is best used for those people with Windows 2000 systems and Broadband, or temp stable internet connections. I run about 6 or 7 of them off this machine. Saves me the hassle of getting a network set up for eggdrops on a unix/linux kernel.

works nicely tho, most recent releases nice n stable. Never had any problems with it really