This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop remove bans

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
P
ProXy
Op

eggdrop remove bans

Post by ProXy »

Hello,

whenever I set a ban in my channel, my eggdrop removes it after some time (maybe 2 hours). expire-bans is already set to 0, but he still removes the bans. How can I change this? The eggdrop should only remove bans that he had set, not bans set by any other bots or user..

How can I do this?

ProXy
M
MasterJM
Halfop

Post by MasterJM »

.help chaninfo
look for
"dynamicbans"
"userbans"
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

Well, dynamicbans and userbans are set to + in this channel!

When I set the ban, the eggdrop also shows it when i use .bans all in the partyline, but he still removes the ban after 2 hours... :(
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Eggdrop is unsetting them because of the +dynamicbans setting.

Remove this to prevent it.
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

Well I think the eggdrop should set the ban if a user matching the ban joins the channel? Isn`t this the function of dynamicbans?

But my eggdrop doesn`t remember those bans :(
De Kus
Revered One

hehe

Post by De Kus »

your bot will only rememver bans set due script or +ban on partyline. bans set on channel will not be added to bots banlist.
you'd need a script adding bans to the bots banlist, like the one i am currently working on :D.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Dynamic bans is as it sounds, it make the channel ban list, dynamic in nature.

With dynamic bans, the bot will set bans and remove them as needed, to prevent the ban list becoming full, leaving space available.
P
ProXy
Op

Post by ProXy »

So why does the eggdrop stop adding the ban when the user joins even if dynamicbans is on?
De Kus
Revered One

hehe

Post by De Kus »

because the bot remembers only bans added by the bot itself after the ban got removed. if you want a few bans beeing permanent, then add them with out duration like ".+ban *!*ident@*.host #channel". if someone removes the ban, the bot will readd it as soon as nesessary.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

if someone removes the ban, the bot will readd it as soon as nesessary.
It'll readd it only when the person matching that ban re-enters. :)

And, BTW, I think eggdrop1.6.13 has a new function/feature that describes ban-times, INDIVIDUALLY, for channels. (Correct me if i'm wrong.) It means, that you can set ban-times differently for each channel the bot is on. Maybe tweaking that might help. Worth a try ;)
Dormant egghead.
De Kus
Revered One

Channel Bantime

Post by De Kus »

Yourname wrote:And, BTW, I think eggdrop1.6.13 has a new function/feature that describes ban-times, INDIVIDUALLY, for channels. (Correct me if i'm wrong.) It means, that you can set ban-times differently for each channel the bot is on. Maybe tweaking that might help. Worth a try ;)
there is nothing to correct, only to confirm. btw, the chanel option is called ban-time.