This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

make bots 'bulletproof'

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G

Post by Guest »

okay guys watch out - thats a newbie question ^^:
is there a way to make bots (on a botnet) untuchable for other bots - i mean so that they cant be kicked/banned and stuff?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

I fail to understand your question properly.

EG, you have 4 bots, all linked, and you want to make sure they don't kicke or ban each other?

Well, give them global or channel flags +f and set +protectfriends on each channel.
G

Post by Guest »

thats how i did it - thought thered be a better method perhaps - thanks anyway

but now i got another prob:
if an op kicks the one of the bots the bots set the d flag for that user on that chan
i set revenge-mode=0 (yes on both bots) but the bots still keep doing it
is there a way to keep the bots from doing that?
(its a fun chan so it happens quite often that somebody thinks its fun to kick the bots)
G

Post by Guest »

i might add: damn typos ^^
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

set the channel -revenger and -revengebot

note. in the above post, this is the only way to do it, there is no easier or harder version
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

.chanset #yourchannel -revenge (this becuz when someone kick/bans any of its users (+f) it will deop the person who did that and add the +d flag, depending on your setting in the conf)

.chanset #yourchannel -revengebot (this becuz it kick/bans anyone who tampers SOLELY with the bot, it isnt bothered about its users)
Dormant egghead.
G

Post by Guest »

thanks guys