This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Timeout

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
V
VaVaVooM
Voice

Timeout

Post by VaVaVooM »

hello

Recently (3 days ago) two of my eggdrops got disconnected from an irc network, and since then they never showed up again in irc...
I tried to do was telnet him, but i constantly get Timeouts.. When i got tired of those nasty timeout is started looking in the eggdrop's logs the reason of the disconnection and found that the bots left irc because of ircops were updating the network servers.. After that i went looking for the reason why the bots weren't in the network, after the updates were completed, and found out that the reason is that they constantly gets server timeouts from the entire server list...
My question is what can i do to access the partyline without having to kill the eggdrops?? Currently they aren't on irc, i get timeouts if i trie telnet, and i know that they are online cause they are botnet hubs and the botnet is working fine (and they have a nice uptime)...

bye.. and thanks []
p
prefect

Post by prefect »

The only way to get in touch with your bots if they aren't on irc is to telnet them. Be _sure_ you telnet to the right ip and port, and be aware that some servers run firewalls etc prohibiting telneting to these ports. Another way would be to update your server list in your config file and then kill -1 <pid of eggdrop> This will only work if you have die-on-sighup 0 in your config file already. (otherwise it'll die a terrible death!)
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

prefect wrote:...kill -1 <pid of eggdrop>
referring to the info help of kill a combination of pid and -1 is useless, unless -1 kills all precesses the user has access to.
info kill wrote:The following pids have special meanings:
-1 If superuser, broadcast the signal to all processes; otherwise
broadcast to all processes belonging to the user.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Better use killall proc
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.