This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Problem with Key Protected Channel

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
r
revned

Problem with Key Protected Channel

Post by revned »

My hub bot seem to have problems giving channel keys to the leaf bots when none of the bots in the botnet are present in that channel. Did I miss a configuration within netbots.tcl? I mean the key request works when atleast one bot is present in that private channel but when none is present, they seem to have forgotten the key.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

It's not that the bot has forgotten the key, it's that it doesn't know it, because it isn't ont eh channel.

All real-time channel data, is stored in memory, only while on the channel, and deleted once left.

The only way for thigs like botnetops to function correctly, is if at least one bot that can send a reply, is on the channel.
r
revned

Post by revned »

Thanks for the info.
De Kus
Revered One

hmm

Post by De Kus »

in the case the key wont change often i'd suggest to add the +k to the chamode onforcing, this way the bot will automatically supply the password to the server even without any bot connected :).
r
revned

Post by revned »

yah i'll use that option thanks