This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

help agaon...

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
t
techman47
Voice

help agaon...

Post by techman47 »

Can anyone tell me why my eggdrop bots won't OP me in my channel. I am the owner of the bots and channel. I even tried "/msg botnick OP password" and that didn't work. This started after having several netsplits last night. Right now I can't DCC chat with my bots, it just hangs there not displaying the password prompt. I even tried rebooting mirc a few time but that didn't help.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This is one of two issues

Your bot has placed you on ignore. The quickest method is to kill the bot, edit the userfile, and remove only the line stating the ignore then restart the bot (BACKUP THE USERFILE FIRST).

Otherwise, the bot may no longer eecognise you, and as such, you may need to re identify yourself. Use "/msg <bot> ident <password>" while using the nickname, of your eggdrop username.
t
techman47
Voice

Post by techman47 »

ppslim wrote:This is one of two issues

Your bot has placed you on ignore. The quickest method is to kill the bot, edit the userfile, and remove only the line stating the ignore then restart the bot (BACKUP THE USERFILE FIRST).

Otherwise, the bot may no longer eecognise you, and as such, you may need to re identify yourself. Use "/msg <bot> ident <password>" while using the nickname, of your eggdrop username.
It was the second one. I had to add the "bind /msg bot ident" line to my config file. After I did that, all was fine. Thanks for the info.