This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

help again!

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
t
techman47
Voice

help again!

Post by techman47 »

It seems that I just can't get the nb_set command line in my head. I have 3 eggbots running, all linked and sharing. I am using the chanlimit componet in netbots. I know I don't need all 3 bots running the chanlimit componet, so how can I set it up so only one bot will run the chanlimit componet?
t
tainted
Master

Post by tainted »

edit the netset.tcl for that single bot?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Tainted, the whole goal behind nb_set, is to get around netupdate colisions.

IE, if the hub bot doesn't run chanlimit, then after netupdate, none of the others will either.

The nb_set command/setting, is not that easy to understand.

With the normal set command, you give it the setting name, and value. However, with nb_Set, you also give it a botname.

There is not much more to it than that.

You can give a group of botnames, but that is a advanced system. A seperate nb_Set for each bot, will not hurt.

EG

Code: Select all

set nb_component(chanlimit) 0

Becomes:
nb_set botname nb_component(chanlimit) 0
Some good HTML documentation around this, is available on this part of the netbots help page
t
techman47
Voice

Post by techman47 »

ppslim wrote:Tainted, the whole goal behind nb_set, is to get around netupdate colisions.

IE, if the hub bot doesn't run chanlimit, then after netupdate, none of the others will either.

The nb_set command/setting, is not that easy to understand.

With the normal set command, you give it the setting name, and value. However, with nb_Set, you also give it a botname.

There is not much more to it than that.

You can give a group of botnames, but that is a advanced system. A seperate nb_Set for each bot, will not hurt.

EG

Code: Select all

Becomes:
nb_set botname nb_component(chanlimit) 0
Some good HTML documentation around this, is available on this part of the netbots help page
Ok, this is what I did. As I said I have 3 bots running, hubbot, leaf1, leaf2. In the hubbot netset.tcl I did...

nb_set leaf1 nb_compenent(chanlimit) 1

then I did a netupdate. I just want my leaf1 bot to run the chanlimit component. Is this correct?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Well, that slightly depends.

1: The changes, and netupdate must be issued from the hub bot

The nb_set command will only effect bots listed in the "botname" part of the command.

Any other bot not listed will ignore it.
t
techman47
Voice

Post by techman47 »

ppslim wrote:Well, that slightly depends.

1: The changes, and netupdate must be issued from the hub bot

The nb_set command will only effect bots listed in the "botname" part of the command.

Any other bot not listed will ignore it.
Ok, I have it right then. The changes and netupdate were made with the hubbot. Thanks!