This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

powershells.de

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
Turambar
Halfop

powershells.de

Post by Turambar »

Hi everyone. I'm searching a shellpovider which is located in Germany and some people recommended me powershells.de. I just wanted to you ask you here if you could tell me your opinion about it. Feedback is greetly appreciated. Thanks
c
ctn|chrisw
Voice

Post by ctn|chrisw »

I don't know about bot hosting but they host an ircd on a network I used to be ircop on and I have yet to see it go down unexpectantly.
d
decta
Voice

Post by decta »

there are a lot of different providers
also some in austria offering good shells

just get yourself some persons to ask on irc which use it
t
t

Re: powershells.de

Post by t »

Turambar wrote:Hi everyone. I'm searching a shellpovider which is located in Germany and some people recommended me powershells.de. I just wanted to you ask you here if you could tell me your opinion about it. Feedback is greetly appreciated. Thanks
Yeah, tho i'm not a "direct" customer of theirs, i love their stability..
B
Bytez
Op

Post by Bytez »

How come most shell providers are in Europe? :roll:
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

Powershells.de and unixshells.de have both a pretty goot reputation for stability, high-bandwith connection to the net and good support.
B
BiLL
Halfop

Post by BiLL »

Yes, and they are highly overloaded ;)
B
Bytez
Op

Post by Bytez »

Is there an English version of their site?
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

As far as I know, there is no english website available for powershells but there is one for unixshells.de.

http://www.unixshells.org/?l=en

As far as it is unixshells, I don't think they are overloaded. I don't have a powershells account, but what I have heard about them was usually highly positive.
FakeZ
Voice

Post by FakeZ »

BiLL wrote:Yes, and they are highly overloaded ;)
never recognized that :mrgreen: but my shell runns fine 8)
MyShell
Voice

:=P

Post by MyShell »

well , even if the company is from a country it doesn`t mean that the server is in that country so i guess if you know english you can find in USA or europe a good shell with good uptime and support . good luck
Dont Drink Coca-Cola
}
}eXtreme{
Voice

Post by }eXtreme{ »

Bytez wrote:How come most shell providers are in Europe? :roll:
Maybe because one from the biggest irc network without channel service IRCnet is mainly european. We cannot register channels and our channels depend from botnets etc... US have only 2 IRCnet servers and every shell provider (from US) need i-line for access... But ppl break their rules when use more than 2 ircnet connections and i-line gone...
For us it's more safe to have shell on some *.de, *.pl or some other european shell provider which have access on more IRCnet servers... So european irc shell providers have good business with us =)
That could be one explanation.
}eXtreme{