This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Modifying time values in eggdrop source

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
A
Aboltus

Modifying time values in eggdrop source

Post by Aboltus »

Hello. There Mr. Ppslim advice me to modify eggdrop source for change "use-penalties" setting for prevent server-flooding by my eggdrop. I have one problem - i don't know C language. Can somebody show me place, where i must change eggdrop code?
m
mike-c
Voice

Post by mike-c »

open up src/mod/server.mod/server.c and search for it.
A
Aboltus

Post by Aboltus »

mike-c wrote:open up src/mod/server.mod/server.c and search for it.
ok, ok, i know it. But I don`t know C. Can you show me, what string I need for replace?
m
mike-c
Voice

Post by mike-c »

I just read the post you linked to previously, and then looked at the eggdrop source.

From the looks of it, there *is* a configuration option 'use-penalties', but this isn't included in the config file by default. I can also tell you that this setting is automatically enabled for IRCnet.

I believe you could simply insert "set use-penalties 1" into your eggdrop.conf file and it should override any internal settings.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong someone :)
A
Aboltus

Post by Aboltus »

Yes, but our irc-network give more stricted permissions for users, then others - my eggdrop quits with reason "excess flood" anyway, is in eggdrop.conf option "use-penalties" or no. I really need to change something in "server.c" file for more stricted flood checking.