This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

UH-Hosting.co.uk

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
a
almighty
Voice

UH-Hosting.co.uk

Post by almighty »

Has anyone tried this company as im intrested in their prices but need to know if anyone has had any experience with them
http://www.big-bubba.co.uk
Big Brother Clone for the South West
B
BogeyBum

Post by BogeyBum »

well if you use efnet, then they are a no go
i signed up with them a week later they banned efnet :(
M
Mart|n

Post by Mart|n »

[11:27:44] ([69k|DirtyDan]): been on bnc for about 8 months, i think its a regular downtiem of every 2 days or sommit .... cant you fix so works 24/7 see no other companys bncs have so many probs.... so cant be hard.
[11:27:53] (@james2): [69k|DirtyDan], thats bullshit
[11:28:02] (@james2): We are not down every 2 days
[11:28:06] (bigZ): the problems have been recent
[11:28:08] (skiMo): *cough*
[11:28:11] (@james2): If YOURS is, then thats human error
[11:28:14] (@james2): OR, a netsplit
[11:28:15] ([69k|DirtyDan]): well ATLEAST once a week
[11:28:22] (@james2): [69k|DirtyDan], well no
[11:28:26] (@james2): Again thats total bullshit
[11:28:28] (bigZ): that's different to every other day tho

Not much respect for customers, but apart from this, they seem reasonable for the price.
J
James[UH]

Post by James[UH] »

I like the way you didnt paste the conversation above that ..

We are currently experiencing pDNS problems - Just hours before we planned to transfer records to the sDNS to have some redundacy with our name servers.

You can either take those comments pasted by Matrin for what they are, or you can look paste them and get a bigger picture of us.
M
Mart|n

Post by Mart|n »

This is just a repeated view I get of your communication with customers, along with confrontation with customers...
J
James[UH]

Post by James[UH] »

I believe you are misinformed.
R
R4nger

Post by R4nger »

I got to say, James was very stressed at the time. He explained things 10 times even though they were in the topic. People were banned that gave sh!t about UH for about 10-15 minutes. IMO he was stressed and there was some real... well... dumb/stupid people.
J
James[UH]

Post by James[UH] »

Agreed.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Well, back to the technical side, it doesn't explain the problem posted in the conversation.

DNS will not effect pre-established connections.

Thus a BNC connected to IRC, will not drop for this reason.

I also tend to agree, regardless of what problems you experience, you genraly don't talk to customers that way.

I would likely stay with a company that ignored me, that spoke out of place in that way.
J
James[UH]

Post by James[UH] »

ppslim wrote:Well, back to the technical side, it doesn't explain the problem posted in the conversation.

DNS will not effect pre-established connections.

Thus a BNC connected to IRC, will not drop for this reason.

I also tend to agree, regardless of what problems you experience, you genraly don't talk to customers that way.

I would likely stay with a company that ignored me, that spoke out of place in that way.
There was a DDoS attack aimed at another customer of our ISPs at 3am - Which knocked most bouncers / eggdrops offline.

Theres also the Qnet throttle problem so not everyone was connected before our PDNS froze.

Btw, im actually typing this reply from telehouse itself, Fixing the PDNS server along with a clients server (which was the actual trip anyway) ..

Been in the shell game long enough to know its better to fix something than tell every customer of ours who comes in the channel failingto read the topic, what is actually wrong.
a
almighty
Voice

Post by almighty »

well apart from the recent downtime, which is bearable, i have good uptimes.
I also havent seen any of the confrontentations that Mart|n is talking about.
http://www.big-bubba.co.uk
Big Brother Clone for the South West
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

While it strictly isn't my opionion, nor that of anybody on this forum, I have seen quite a few comments on my travels around the internet.

I won't be specific (unless UH want me too), but these posts have shown that they tend to have short fuses.
J
James[UH]

Post by James[UH] »

Feel free to post examples ..

Nothing to hide, nor am I ashamed of what ive said to defend my business in the past.
h
hapydayz

me is happy

Post by hapydayz »

I have been with UH for a number of months and I have had very few problems, there is always someone available in their irc channel (well maybe not at 4am gmt but u know what i mean:)).

I was so impressed that aswell as my 7 bot processes I had with them in April I took a Dedicated server with them which apart from when they took their network down for 'Scheduled work' i dont recall it being unaccessable for more than a few minutes. Even then I've looked at the topic in their irc channel and it explains what is happenning.

As for short fuses, heh - how long is short?

if your ISP is being hit by a dos attack, and you have made sure that the topic in your irc channel states the situation etc and every other person who comes in says 'hey wtf is going on, my bot/bnc has died' b4 reading the topic i think after a few hours you would loose your rag.

anyway just my comments (lots of) as a happy customer of UH

HaPyDaYz
J
James[UH]

Post by James[UH] »

Appreciated :)