This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

nickchange script

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
S^

nickchange script

Post by S^ »

does anyone know or can help me with a nickchange script.......like when one joined a channel with one nick then parts......then joins agin with another nick.....the script tells the users something like......nick has entered the channel before as nick1
z_one
Master

Post by z_one »

Use bind join and bind nick

As for the method you could use to keep track of nicks who have previously joined: You might want to check the host of the nick who is joining to see if it joined before.

You might also want to use an array to keep a record of the active hosts (depends on how long you want to keep a host active).
I mean do you want your bot to remember someone if they rejoin with a new nick the next day or just a minute later ?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I don't think a nick bind is needed. only a join bind.

maybe getchanhost to get the user@host of the nick and arrays to create user records

also timers to delete the records.
z_one
Master

Post by z_one »

Yeah, my mistake because I thought he wanted to keep track of a nick when it parts the channel before rejoining. So if a nick joins and changes nick then parts, bind nick would be needed.
But since it doesn't matter if someone parts or not before rejoining again, as he will only be comparing hosts of joining users... I guess there's no need for a bind nick.
Y
Yoda
Halfop

Post by Yoda »

I'm really interested to a script like this too.
I have some very large channels (150/200 users) and this is a real problem, many stupids do this trick thinking that others cannot recognize them and a script that will say: nick XXX was just here as YYY at (time/day) will be very useful!

hope that someone can help to write it :-)
d
dun_dacil
Voice

Post by dun_dacil »

Hi all, I quickly wrote a tcl which seems to do what required: it keeps track of people leaving a chan, and check whoever joins the (same) chan, matching hosts to spot nick changes.
The "out time" is settable, as well as the chans the tcl is meant to be active on: of course, the check is done "per channel". The tcl is submitted to the tcl archive, and it should hopefully appear in a few days.
dun_dacil
Y
Yoda
Halfop

Post by Yoda »

Thanks dun_dacil for your job and help :D

maybe was better to test the script and post it when all was ok and bug free, but anyway this is very good, I'm waiting the tcl archive update and I'll let you know how it works :wink:

Yoda