This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

BotNet Linking Problem

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
SSF2
Voice

BotNet Linking Problem

Post by SSF2 »

Hi,

I have a botnet setup with 5 bots on my home comp and they are all linked and sharing ok. My fried also has a BotNet Setup with his 4 bots linked and sharing ok. We are trying to link both of our bots together and using 1 of mine as the main HUB bot. We have forwarded the ports that we are using for telnet and they are functioning as we have each been able to telnet to each others bots ok without a problem. The problem comes when we try linking his bots to mine they fail saying timout on userfile transfer they keep retring but get nowhere. Has anyone got any info or tips as we have been trying for a few days now and would realy like to get thm linked and sharing userfiles. Also we have tried increasing the timeout in the config files but we still get the same error. Thanks for any help on this.

Paul.
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

Did you verify the bot's are all compiled with the same nick- and handle-length?
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

use set reserved-portrange and forward those ports as well.. make it a small range.. these will be the ports the file transfer happen on
a.k.a. hellios
S
SSF2
Voice

Post by SSF2 »

Thanks for the reply's It's all working now.