This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

script

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
d
dudeicles

script

Post by dudeicles »

i've been looking but can someone point me in the right direction (either the tcl itself on this site or a way to start)

I want a script that holds certain info that is searchable... like User has this quote under his name and you want to see what quotes that person has in "notice" or search through all the quotes for specified keywords" if i'm confusing you all i'm sorry i'm new to this script and would love to learn with a simple template TY in advance
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Either store this info in a file or in an array. The forum search button and by reading the manual should give you some starting points.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
d
dudeicles

released

Post by dudeicles »

well i found released102.tcl to be quite useful with a few changes (only commands) but it seems when i add something to the list like ]blah[
it puts {]blah[} when i try to view it after....
anyone have any ideas why that may be?
f
faisal
Voice

Post by faisal »

something to the list like ]blah[
Erm... the signs such as [ or ], will be assumed as one of the script's command signs.. so if you want the output to be ]blah[... add in the \ sign.

Eg: \]blah\[ (and the output will be ]blah[)

Hope that will work.

Cheers! :)
d
dudeicles

Post by dudeicles »

to put \]blah\[ i would have to edit the file manually wouldn't i? i'm talking about it fixing that automatically... because how i add it is something like this "!add blahblahblah for ]blah[" so is there a way to make the script recognize those and add teh \] for them?
d
dudeicles

Post by dudeicles »

well i went into the .dat file and changed the name from ]blah[ to \]blah\[ and got nothing but the same :(
user

Re: released

Post by user »

dudeicles wrote:it seems when i add something to the list like ]blah[
anyone have any ideas why that may be?
You seem to be mixing lists/strings...{]blah[} is what the string looks like when stored as an element in a list. If you want it translated back to a string, use 'lindex' to fetch a single element from the list or 'join' to make the entire list a string.
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
d
dudeicles

I'm sorry

Post by dudeicles »

i'm really new to this and am using released 1.02 and don't want to butcher someone else's script but i'd love to understand exactly what you are talking about with join and lindex
user

Re: I'm sorry

Post by user »

dudeicles wrote:i'd love to understand exactly what you are talking about with join and lindex
http://tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TclCmd/join.htm
http://tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TclCmd/lindex.htm
Have you ever read "The Manual"?