This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

mySQL and TCL problems

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
Balu

mySQL and TCL problems

Post by Balu »

Hi there,

I have read that you need a module for using mysql in tcl, but then i have searched for some of them with succes, but none of them will compile correctly. mySQL is installed with RPM is this the problem? Because some documentation says that i need to look for mysql.h, but i don't find it.

Thx for the ones who can help me.
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

What do you want to do with mysql ?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

When installing MySQL using a package, you need to make sure you have both packages.

Package one contains the server from which you can do pretty much everything as a standalone package.

However, mysql.h is required to compile MySQL using applications and modules. This is located in package two and labeled as mysqldev.
B
Balu

Post by Balu »

]Kami[ wrote:What do you want to do with mysql ?
i have a learn script for mine bot that reacts on channelmsg that start with !<command> <arg1> <arg2> <arg3>, the bot reacts with <do>. These commands (i called them so) are stored in a file, but i want to put them in a mysql databank (already done), but can't run any mysql module because they don't compile corretly. And i don't have administration rights on the machine where mine shell stands on. For so far i know it is Mandrake with mysql-server installed through rpm-package.
p
pelefanten
Voice

Post by pelefanten »

Well, you will need the mySQL headers and librarys if you wanna compile a module using mySQL.

Code: Select all

$ mysql_config
This should show you where the libraries are at, maybe there's something wrong with the Makefile, maybe...