This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Multiple bots set +ghp or +agp

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
{
{MaVeRiC}

Multiple bots set +ghp or +agp

Post by {MaVeRiC} »

When i set mutliple bots as hub (+ghp) or althub (+agp) on my bot it seems like it randomly picks one to connect to, could somebody enlighten me if this is true, in which case i dont see the use of althub since you could just add a second hub.

Also if there is a method of organizing this that would be very usefull.
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

If there is a hub available, the bots will connect to the hup, if the hub isn't available, they'll connect to the first available alt-hub. If the hub comes back online (and isn't lagged to hell) it will take a few minutes untill the leafs will disconnect from the althub and reconnect to the hub.
At least that's how my bots are working.
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

If you want a really logical tree, choose only one hub and several alt-hub.
Having several hub isn't usefull.
{
{MaVeRiC}

Multiple hubs/althubs

Post by {MaVeRiC} »

I understand what you guys are trying to say. If it obviously possible to set multiple bots as hubs and to set multiple as althubs. As pointed out, it seems logical to have 1 hub. I agree with that.

What i was curious about was if there was any logic or a pecking order to the althubs. If i set 3 or 4 bots as althub, as far as i know its pretty random which one its connect to when the hub goes down. Is there a logic to it ? Maybe the order in which the flags are set or something ....

The problem i have with a single hub is that all changes to the userfile while the hub is down get undone when it comes back online..anybody have a fix for that ??
FIDe`
Voice

Post by FIDe` »

{MaVeRiC}'s right: it would be nice to add some althub features to eggdrop, like +a1 the first althub to connect to, +a2 the second and so on (only an example) to remove random althub picking; it would be useful in structured botnets. or maybe, someone could write a tcl.. :)
"An atom-blaster is a good weapon, but it can point both ways." - Salvor Hardin
{
{MaVeRiC}

Post by {MaVeRiC} »

Thank you Fide,

It would make things a bit more predictable. I dont wanna go overbored with doom sceneario''s and whats if's. But being able to set 3 or 4 althubs in a certain priority would certainly help to keep larges nets organized.

Nobody has confirmed to me yet, that the connections are indeed random...it could possibly be the order in which they were added or something..