This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

bots removing manually placed bans?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
X
X-File
Voice

bots removing manually placed bans?

Post by X-File »

I am having a problem with ops not being able to set bans on the bots (as stated in my other thread ( http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=6916 ) so the ops have to place manual bans until I get that fixed. I think the bots are removing ALL channel bans according to their 'set ban-time' and I cannot have this.

How do I make them only remove bot placed bans and not manual ones? (if I can) :(

Thank you
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

You either use dynamic bans, than the bots will remove any ban from the channels banlist or you don't use dynamic bans and the bans will stay untill they get removed by an op.
If your network provides services like chanserv, you can try to set a ban using chanservs akick list instead of setting a channel ban.
Btw, why can't your ops set a ban using the bots internal banlist? Sorry, I didn't have the time right now to read your other posting.
X
X-File
Voice

Post by X-File »

ok thanks for the info.

will the bots still remove their bans? or with dynamicbans off mean no bans will be removed by the bots.

read other thread :) I wish I knew why.
b
bobjuh
Master

Post by bobjuh »

X-File wrote:ok thanks for the info.

will the bots still remove their bans? or with dynamicbans off mean no bans will be removed by the bots.

read other thread :) I wish I knew why.
Set ban-time to 0

Taht will solve it.
X
X-File
Voice

Post by X-File »

Thank you.
b
bobjuh
Master

Post by bobjuh »