This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

KAOS Script not starting, and causing other probs on bot

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
Sandman
Voice

KAOS Script not starting, and causing other probs on bot

Post by Sandman »

Hi all.

I'm relatively new to owning eggdrops and windrops, although, i've used them heaps on irc before though.
I'm currently running Eggdrop v1.6.17 for my Windrop.
It's all running fine, but i recently i downloaded the KAOS script (Marky's KAOS) from this site, on the TCL Arvhive games section.
I unzipped it, followed the install instructions, and added the
source scripts/kaos.tcl

line to the eggdrop.conf file, and edited all appropriate lines in the kaos.tcl and kaos.cfg files, so that the script should start in the nominated channel, upon typing !kaos in the chan. But nothing is happening. Although it did reset the scores at midnight like i set it to lol.

It's just not starting when i type !kaos in the chan. It says the kaos script has been loaded on the initial startup and after i rehash or restart the bot. I've checked the directories, and made sure they point to the right place, but kaos still doesn't start.

Also, i've noticed when i add the script, and then dcc chat with the bot, and type .say #chan bla bla the bot says it cannot say to the chan because it's not currently on that chan, even though it is. When i .-chan #chan and then .+chan #chan and wait a minute or so.. it lets me do the .say command and it works.

Is there a section in the eggdrop.conf file that i should be either (#)commenting or uncommenting to make the kaos script work? or is it something so simple that i've missed ..
Any help would be greatly appreciated :) as i'm 'totally' new to adding and setting up scripts with eggdrops/windrops.
Thank you in advance :)

Sandman
War doesn't determine who's right...... War determines who's Left!
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

What IRC network are you running your eggdrop on?

Is it one of the Major networks? i.e. IRCNET or EFNET ??

If its not running on one of these make sure you have set

Code: Select all

net-type 5
in the config and all relevent net-type 5 settings. There has been a lot of problems with this lately and all seem to be on 1.6.17 version. we have had a lot of the same problems cropping up on here where the bot doesn't notice it is in a channel

Check these settings in your config first and see how you go from there.

A friend of mine compiled a 1.6.17 bot a few weeks back and it kept doing what yous is doing. I told him to downgrade to 1.6.15 and since then he has not had any problems, but that is a last resort.

Hope this helps. :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
S
Sandman
Voice

net-type

Post by Sandman »

hiya... thanks for replying.

it's running on irc.icq.com and the net-type in the config is set to net-type 1.
It only thinks it's not on a channel after if i've rehashed and there is a typo or incorrect directory in a source scripts/blabla.tcl or when i restart it.... if it happens again i'll try setting the net-type to 5 and see what happens. I still can't get the KAOS script to work tho. Maybe i'll try the net-type 5 and try to get script working. but it says it's loaded.
Anyway.. thanks again for replying :)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

net-type 1 is for IRCNET

irc.icq.com should be set at net-type 5 and set all other net-type 5 settings further down the eggdrop.conf also. :)

If this Kaos script relys on being able to see the channels correctly ie waiting to see a !trigger and says its not in a channel. It is effectivly Ignoring what is said in your channel, hence the script loads fine and seems to be working except for the trigger commands.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

My first guess would be to contact the author regarding the problem. He would obviously be the best person whom would know about the script and its compatabilities, also the best person to report bugs and errors too.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
S
Sandman
Voice

thanks

Post by Sandman »

Thanks for your help guys.. after i posted the above post, i went and changed the net-type to 5 and only after restarting the bot, for a few seconds.. did it tell me it wasn't on the chan.. but since then i haven't had probs with it saying it's not on the chan.

As for the Kaos script.. i've tried it again and it's still not starting, but it is loading.. so yeah i am gonna email the author... his URL isn't working so i hope his email is.lol. Any ideas on where i can get a good kaos script ?

Thanks again for all your help :) much appreciated... me being new to owning eggdrop/windrop bots, i think i could be looking for help a few times :) l8r

Sandman
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

you may also check if the script itself thinks its already running (.tcl $KAOSRunning), it should return TCL: 0. If it returns 1, try .set KAOSRunning 0 ^^. Also keep track what happens in the logfiles/dcc chat, if errors occurs like cant find database, there should be some response. as suggested in other threads, you might check via .tcl set errorInfo for suppressed TCL errors.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
S
Sandman
Voice

EDITED: posting solution to CAPS Problem

Post by Sandman »

thanks again for your help :) I've got the bot running quite well now.... apart from a couple of things that i need to reset in my greet script after a .restart but it's no big deal. I've kinda given up on that kaos script for now... plus i'm only new to tcl so i'm kinda lost with a lot of it lol.
i decided to go for a popular trivia tcl instead.
i'm not sure if this is right place to ask this , but the trivia sends the 'questions' in CAPS even though in the question file they are all 'small' letters. i tried to find the trigger that sends it in caps.. but no luck... i'll take a look on this board and see what i can find unless someone can tell me what to look for in the script ? :) ty again everyone :)

Sandman

EDITED with the Solution to the ALLCAPS problem:
I thought i'd edit this post because i took another look at the tcl for that Trivia, and i found what the string was that made the questions be sent in ALLCAPS. So for future reference in case anyone reads this and has same problem, and if this is the same universally in TCL , here is what to look for:....

If text is being sent in CAPS, and you want it sent in lower case, search for:
"strupr" and replace it with "strlwr".
and
If you want text to be sent as you type it with Lower and Upper Case as normal, then replace:
"strupr" with "lindex"
Anyway, that worked for me when i tested it.. so if i have any problems i'll edit this post again :)

To Moderators: Feel free to move this EDITED section with problem and solution to a more suitable forum if it will help others :) after all that's what we're all here for huh :)