This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Forum changed?

Website and forum-related announcements and discussion, and anything else that doesn't fit in the above forums.
^DooM^
Owner

Forum changed?

Post by ^DooM^ »

What hapened to the silver forum skin? It seems to of been replaced by some minimalist nonsense that doesnt display very well in firefox and is ugly :roll: please bring it back!! I dont like green :P
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Linux
Halfop

Re: Forum changed?

Post by Linux »

^DooM^ wrote:What hapened to the silver forum skin? It seems to of been replaced by some minimalist nonsense that doesnt display very well in firefox and is ugly :roll: please bring it back!! I dont like green :P
things will never be the same...
hehe ;)
I'm an idiot, At least this one [bug] took about 5 minutes to find...
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

^DooM^ wrote:I dont like green :P
then come to the dark side of the force!
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I will never join the darkside....

Besides that I cant see anything at night if the screen is black :lol: I pay for my internet connection with the money I saved by not buying new lightbulbs hehehe :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

For me it hurts to have a light background at night, so I prefer dark backgrounds. Pretty simple. If you don't believe me, then turn off your lights at night at read 10min a text on a white background, if you eyes don't hurt then, you really might not need a dark background (but I doubt that) ^-^.
In really bright rooms or with bad light conditions ((day)light on the screen) you will be better with light backgrounds, of course :).
De Kus
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

:D :D :D YAY SubSilver is back. Thankyou whoever that was. :D :D :D
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

^DooM^ wrote:minimalist nonsense that doesnt display very well in firefox and is ugly :roll:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I dare you to go to the phpbblite forum and say that :!:
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

I like the skin on these forums.

http://freedns.afraid.org/forums/

Maybe if possible more skins can be added (also this one :P) so users have more choice of skins too choose from.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
==================================
Linux
Halfop

Post by Linux »

egg-philosophers and their philosophies 8)

BTW: De Kus, whats in the dark? (let me know, so might i join you there :mrgreen: hehe..)
I'm an idiot, At least this one [bug] took about 5 minutes to find...
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

slennox wrote:
^DooM^ wrote:minimalist nonsense that doesnt display very well in firefox and is ugly :roll:
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I dare you to go to the phpbblite forum and say that :!:
I am sure there are a lot of people out there that love it and a lot of time spent making it work the way it does, I personally didn't and I am sorry if I offended anyone that likes it :roll:
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

awyeah wrote:Maybe if possible more skins can be added (also this one :P) so users have more choice of skins too choose from.
The reason why I don't install more themes is explained in this post. At the moment, my limit is three, which is why I dumped phpBBlite after bringing subSilver back.

Incidentally, now that there is much more bandwidth to spare, I considered installing a file attachment mod, only to be thwarted by the FI Onefour theme because its templates are so different from the defaults--would take forever to adapt it. If I could replace it with a subSilver derivative, like subBlack, then I could do it. Actually, I could leave FI Onefour alone and the theme would probably still work, but it would be without the attachment functionality, and I'm not that keen on leaving a partially-crippled theme available.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Ooo I like the subBlack theme too. I am sure DeKus could be pursuaded to move to that theme. Just need to change the phpbb logos to the egghelp logo now =D
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

You're right, I really don't mind using subBlack. ^-^
De Kus
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I on the other hand didn't like it.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Guess ya cant please everyone :cry: