This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bot's cannot telnet each other

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
o
oenahs
Voice

Bot's cannot telnet each other

Post by oenahs »

Hello I recently purchased a domain name. I have always used the netbots script for bot netting and it has never given me any issue. Ever since we set the vhosts the bots can no longer link. I can DCC the bot and set flags, etc. but they fail on connecting to each other every time. I have the proper AAAA records and rDNS records. I have attempted to change the listen-addr to both the ipv6 like it used to be as well as the vhost. I have also tried commenting out the vhost6 address and only set the list like it was originally set and still no luck. I can telnet the bots from the vps but not externally. My VPS told me that they do not block and I have no reason to not believe it. I also have checked and double check all the ports no bots are on the same ports.Please could someone point me in the right direction. Running eggdrop1.8

Hub Bot:
<MMTBOT> [01:24:00] Telnet connection: got.me.on.my.knees.music-movies-tv.net/58885
<MMTBOT> [01:24:00] Timeout/EOF ident connection
<MMTBOT> [01:24:00] Sent STARTTLS to Layla...
<MMTBOT> [01:24:00] Challenging Layla...
Leaf Bot:
<Layla> [15:23:00] Got STARTTLS from MMTBOT. Replying...
<Layla> [15:23:00] Received challenge from MMTBOT... sending response ...
<Layla> [15:23:00] Lost Bot: MMTBOT
Also cannot get the bots to respond to CTCP:
>MMTBOT< CTCP CHAT
»» Received a DCC CHAT offer from MMTBOT
»» DCC CHAT connection established to MMTBOT [0.0.0.0:42774]
»» DCC CHAT to MMTBOT lost (Remote host closed socket).
A quick .dccstat on the bot's shows that one is using a +port and the other is not I assume they are trying to connect via ssl but I do not have that option set anywhere so I don't see why it is auto adding ssl ports when I added them with the host I did not apply the + to any ports

Further investigation of .dccstat when the bots are connecting they use the pass module to connect. When I checked the loaded modules pass was not loaded upon trying to load the modules I get the following error:
<ShaneO> .loadmod pass
<MMTBOT> pass: Error loading module: /home/mmt/eggdrop/modules/pass.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory