This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

How can I make my eggbot msg nickserv?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
p
pilot1
Voice

How can I make my eggbot msg nickserv?

Post by pilot1 »

I want to set up my bot so that its registered with Nickserv, so that Chanserv will AOP it. How can I set it so that it sends a msg to Nickserv when it logs on?
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

Use a script to do that task. There are different scripts for that available on the net or at the tcl script page here, e.g. services.tcl .
J
Jheremias
Voice

Post by Jheremias »

at your eggdrop config file, find the "set-init" command and write your script there

e.g:

set init-server { putserv "MODE $botnick +i-wsx"
putquick "NICKSERV identify password" }
s
stride

Post by stride »

hello, well what do I do when I wanna use X services (/msg X@channels.undernet.org and use /mode nick +x) what should I do then? btw I use the simple.conf, thx.
t
tainted
Master

Post by tainted »

Not to sound rude, but I am pretty damn sure this has been answered a bunch of times already. Use the nifty search feature of the forum and you shall find your answer.
S
Salvia
Voice

You are dfu@kin rude

Post by Salvia »

Well maybe if someone would do some damn maintainence on this site

I have gone through at least 30 articles now and everyone says the same thing search the damn forum or it is written for experts to understand
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

The problem is, that many people fail to read the forum, and create new articles, that a new thread is spaw, creating a new result in the search.

Yes tyhis has been asnwered before.

No it isn;t for experts.

It may take some time, but the idea is to help yourself, as well as others. Most sites will not cater for those that do not bother to read before they try.