This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

multiple bots from one installation

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
Wolfe
Voice

multiple bots from one installation

Post by Wolfe »

Saw the FAQ with this subject and was wondering if there was a better howto for the same idea? Any links?
Wolfe
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Yes, it's possible to run multiple bots from the same dir but with .conf, userfile and chanfile different.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Wolfe
Voice

Post by Wolfe »

Ok, secondary problem...
I'm behind a router, so I cann't get past the faked IP on irc to dcc the bot/s. I can telnet via 127.0.0.1 and can telnet (I believe, haven't tried yet) via my real IP. But I want users to access the bot/s via dcc. Do I have to set the real IP in the config file? It's not static, so I fear it will change if I reboot the box, then I'll have to re-configure each time, real pain in the arse. Is there a tcl script I can use to send the real ip data to users when the ident? So they can use that info to telnet to the bot? (assuming that they can via the real IP and get past the router)

Looked for help on this already, maybe I'm not using the right keywords for this but I found nothing, sorry if this is a real newbie question, still getting used to linux, and have never used a firewall/router before.
Wolfe
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

If you are behind a NAT Firewall then scroll a bit down on this forum section and see what others did about this.
Wolfe
Voice

Post by Wolfe »

I think I found out what I was looking for... I try it out and let people know here what I did. Searching for answers in this forum isn't the easiest thing to do..

Synopsis: I think I need to configure the bot to use the FAKE ip and listen on port, (the ports that are not used by others in my network) in order to get past the fire wall. To be honest I can see this not working, it just doesn't make sence to me, but I'll try it. My thinking is, I cann't be the only one using the same fake IP. the ranges are the same for most commericially bought routers. So we'll see, we'll see. (my thinking could be wrong here)
Wolfe
Wolfe
Voice

Post by Wolfe »

Well I said I would let you guys know what I did to fix this....

... I kicked out my roommate and tossed the router in the garbage.

:)
Wolfe
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

haha well thats definately one way to fix a problem wolfe lol
a.k.a. hellios
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Haha, that's definately the best/right way to solve the problem! :)