This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Clan bot script.

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
Stium

Clan bot script.

Post by Stium »

Hey guys.

I'm trying to make a clan bot script with a few twist.

Just like normal @news but it pulls the headlines from the website for the news.

Same with a @roster @record and such.

Anything to help me get started would be nice. I'm new to TCL.

Thanks guys.
s
sir
Voice

Post by sir »

WOW, that sounds like it could get pretty complicated.
But before you get your question answered Stium, you might want to inform the people on what a "clanbot" is.

And seeing as how I am in a very similiar problem, I will do it for you.

On the gamesurge IRC network, there are there are a few groups of people who run "team bot" eggdrop services (i'm sure you have them on other networks as well). Basically the eggdrop joins your channel and you have full ownership of it (i could guess the +m flag?).

You can then set the following:
- the onjoin message (and whether or not it is in a privmsg or notice).
- and any command you want, for example you could set .commands to notice the user (or privmsg): "our cmd's: .roster .website .servers .etc..."
- then you could set .roster to whatever you wanted
- you can also create and delete new custom cmd's (although it is better off if they are ALL custom cmd's)

That is basically what I need.
It would also be nice to have something similiar to what stium was requesting, but if anyone can help me (by either having loads of fun by creating it from scratch, or by tutoring me), I would greatly appreciate it.

*EDIT:
does anyone know how I would get my bot to have a "perform" when initially connecting?
S
SpeeDj

Post by SpeeDj »

sir wrote:*EDIT:
does anyone know how I would get my bot to have a "perform" when initially connecting?
Are you talking like a nickserv identify or something similar ? To do that you could put the following in your "Server" section.

proc evnt:init_server {type} { putserv "nickserv identify yourpassword" }

That would make it identify to nickserv, if you are on a network with Autojoin functions you could put channels into the bot's autojoin as well to make it join channels if you aren't specifying them in the conf.

J :cool:
S
SpeeDj

Post by SpeeDj »

While I am not quite sure how to pull the feeds from the website, I do use mc_8's respond script to handle the functions of outputting general clan things to the users via notice. Upon typing !help in my channel users are greeted with the following notice:

[OCG]z: [OCG] Help Menu : Here you will find help on our '!' system.
[OCG]z: | !help : The command to access this help menu.
[OCG]z: | !rules : Channel rules for our IRC Channel #[OCG].
[OCG]z: | !servers : Lists all current [OCG] Game servers and appropriate passwords.
[OCG]z: | !voice : A listing of current [OCG] Voice servers and appropriate passwords.
[OCG]z: | !stats : Lists all current [OCG] Game server stats.
[OCG]z: | !practices : For a list of current [OCG] Clan Practices.
[OCG]z: | !staff : [OCG] Staff and contact information.
[OCG]z: | !info : #[OCG] General Information.
[OCG]z: |-- End [OCG] Help Menu - 'How fast can you frag ?' - SpeeDj.

When they enter the channel I use I believe ACG (Auto Channel Greeter?) to send them the following notice:

[OCG]z: Welcome to #[OCG]! Get more information here: http://www.overclockedgamerz.com
[OCG]z: Type !help for #[OCG]'s help menu. Enjoy your stay!

Hope this gives you a few idea's!

J :cool:
s
sir
Voice

Post by sir »

email i sent:

Code: Select all

Hey,

I was searching on the egghelp forums when I came across this thread (http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=6214). I was wondering if you could help me make an eggdrop Tcl script.

Here is what I want it to do:

List of [default] public commands: .commands .roster  .servers  .website  .rules  .sponsors  .news  .leagues  .record  .matches  .lineup.

Now I’ve already set up a script that msg’s all users joining the channel: “Hello, welcome to $chan, please type .commands for more info.”

I want the users that I specify to be able to set the responses like so: “.set <command> <info>”. So if they were to type: “.set rules 1) respect all members 2) don’t be an idiot”, then when anyone in the channel were to type “.rules”, it would reply to the user with “1) respect all members 2) don’t be an idiot”. I want this to work for all of the public cmd’s.

Now here’s the hard part(s).

- First, I want there to be a command (for the ops), in which they can type “.set reply <type>”. The three types I want are: “notice”, “privmsg”, and “pubmsg”.

- Secondly, the really hard part (in my opinion), I want my eggdrop ops to be able to add and remove commands. I want this to work like so:

.add <new-cmd> <response>

.del <cmd>

Examples:

“.add practice Tuesday”

“.del roster”

Now with this one, I want the ops to be able to delete all commands (including the defaults), and add as many as they wish.

- Third, I would like there to be a command for the ops in which they can type .set prefix <type>. The types are basically infinite. For example: “.set prefix @” would change all the “.” Prefixes to “@”.

I understand that this will be a fairly large script, and might take a while to get bug-free, but you seemed to know what you were talking about, and I may even be able to compensate you for your help.

m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

I think some of the things your wanting are impossible.
You could probally change the whole prefix thing but everytime you rehashed it would change it back to default..
s
sir
Voice

Post by sir »

I just wish I could get the source for the ClanBot Tcl's. (http://clanbots.org)
L
LanEvo
Voice

Post by LanEvo »

Not bloody likely, i heard it took EvilMonkey years to script them all
and i think they run as modules now, not tcl. Pretty dumb to even ask for such a script especially when 1) you don't even know tcl 2) if the clanbots source was available to the public, then there would be no need for their free bot service on gamesurge right?