This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Netspilt??

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

I like to know if the 'bind splt' can be used to detect netspilts?
Umm, yes, thats what its for. Though it can't be used to tell you what exactly split, just that a split occured.
If yes, can I know how does it work or any tcl coding?
Works by matching something like "*.*.* *.*.*" against a quit message (look in the source if you want the full string match). And tcl coding to do what exactly? (I suspect you want to capture the servers that have split, in which case you'll have to use bind raw - QUIT)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Petersen on 2002-03-07 08:41 ]</font>
S
Stafford

Post by Stafford »

Hi,

I like to know if the 'bind splt' can be used to detect netspilts? As in when there's a netspilt between servers, can the eggdrop detect it? If yes, can I know how does it work or any tcl coding?

Thanks
S
Stafford

Post by Stafford »

Yeah Petersen, you're right :smile: It suppose to detect spilts between servers. I'll try working it out and see how it goes. Thanks
S
Stafford

Post by Stafford »

Ehh, I need help with the raw coding. I ain't sure what's the raw code to use. Any ideas?
W
Wcc
Master

Post by Wcc »

This should get you started..

Code: Select all

bind raw - QUIT raw:ssplit

proc raw:ssplit {from keyword text} {
  #From is the nick!user@host, keyword is "QUIT", text is the 2 servernames..

#See if it's a netsplit and not a quit..
  if {![regexp "(.*) (.*)" $text match server1 server2]} { return }

#Log the split..
  putlog "$server1 just split from $server2"
  return
}
S
Stafford

Post by Stafford »

Thanks Wcc. I've got a query.
text is the 2 servernames..
How should I add in the servernames? If it is more than a server, how can I add in then? It would be great if you could show it to me. Thanks :smile:
W
Wcc
Master

Post by Wcc »

It would return if the quit message was not in the format of "server1.com server2.com" as in a netsplit..

Wcc
m
masterstanf2k
Voice

Post by masterstanf2k »

would anyone mind sharing a final version of this script?