This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

req: simple mirc script to op bot on public msg

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
rosc2112
Revered One

req: simple mirc script to op bot on public msg

Post by rosc2112 »

Didn't know where else to post this. I'm looking for a simple mirc script that will 1) Trigger on the eggdrop bot's public msg to a channel 2) do a whois to verify that it's my bot 3) op the bot.

So, for example, the bot does:

need-op {putserv "PRIVMSG #mychan :\007op me or I shall go \002NI!\002"}

The script should do a whois and make sure the bot's netmask matches whatever.users.undernet.org

If it matches, op the bot so it'll shut up :P

I don't use mirc, I don't use windoze.. I need the script for other ops in chan who do use mirc.

I have a script for ircII script language, but that doesn't help me much with the mirc'ers.. I've looked quite a bit for a pre-made script to do this, I would've thought there would be some, since mirc is so popular. But it seems short of *guessing* at half of mirc's script language, since it's not even well documented online, they apparently think everyone has access to mirc's built-in helpfiles, I'm at a loss.

Any help appreciated.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

I'm not mIRC scripter, but I bet you don't need /whois'ing for that; simply add the bot's hostmask at some userlevel and then use something like ON level:TEXT:magicword:#yourchan { mode $chan +o $nick }, I'm sure you can get it right after checking out mIRC's help pages
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

This is definitely not a mIRC "scripting" forum. Posting to the mIRC Message Board might be a better idea. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
C
CtrlAltDel
Halfop

Post by CtrlAltDel »

I need the script for other ops in chan who do use mirc.
have them type /aop bot's nick here # 2