This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

SteamID TCL Script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
j
jhan86
Voice

SteamID TCL Script

Post by jhan86 »

I've been looking for a SteamID TCL Script that relays the information from www.steamid.com to an IRC Channel. I know alot of people want this script too. It would be great if someone codes it because I'm terrible at sockets. Thanks
#scripts @ GameSurge
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Show me an example of the input this site requires, I have no idea what it expects for:

Search by SteamID, IRC Channel, Clan Name, Player Handle, or Player Name.

Actually show me example for each one of the types and I'll make a script to work with each type.

I just did a test with the handle "foo" and it returns a lot of results..Do you want to limit these results in the script? Limit can be on the commandline for the user to control (and result sent to privmsg to avoid flooding the channel), or can be a configure option for the bot admin to set.

Looks like the site does an automatic substring search as well, at least for the handle..

Anyway, this should be a simple script to create once I know what the site uses for its input search..
a
atreides
Voice

Post by atreides »

Well, there are the .mrc script files for this. There are things called SteamIdBots on irc.gamesurge.net.

If you wanna see how those are, just connect and join any channel with a steamidbot. #RANDOS would be mine. (We have one) But I would be interested in putting a .tcl script for this on my eggdrop.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

I don't use mirc.. If you want to provide the info, I'll make the script.. Otherwise, don't ask me to go out of my way if you can't even provide the information I asked for.
j
jhan86
Voice

Post by jhan86 »

<@jeff> @steamid 2050
<@SteamID> ¤ Alias: akad ¤ SteamID: 0:0:2050 ¤ Team: Smoked0ut (1-2) ¤ Channel: #teamso ¤ League: CAL-O ¤
<@SteamID> ¤ Alias: :i69:Endbringer ¤ SteamID: 0:1:2050 ¤ Team: [DEAD]Inferno 69 (1-5) ¤ Channel: #clani69 ¤ League: CAL-IM ¤
<@SteamID> ¤ Results: 2 ¤

<+jeff> .steamid #wcR
-ClanBot-38- SteamID: 0:0:64732 League: CAL-P Record: 10-9 Team: west coast Rockers Channel: #wcr Handle: bustanut
-ClanBot-38- SteamID: 0:0:1760655 League: CAL-P Record: 10-9 Team: west coast Rockers Channel: #wcr Handle: SEDD
-ClanBot-38- SteamID: 0:0:1709 League: CAL-P Record: 10-9 Team: west coast Rockers Channel: #wcr Handle: bdub
-ClanBot-38- SteamID: 0:1:1642754 League: CAL-P Record: 10-9 Team: west coast Rockers Channel: #wcr Handle:
-ClanBot-38- SteamID: 0:0:570440 League: CAL-P Record: 10-9 Team: west coast Rockers Channel: #wcr Handle: LaoKs

i would put more but it look'd like im spamming

It would be great if there wasn't no limit and it can relay all of the SteamID's through notices or channel messages.
#scripts @ GameSurge
a
atreides
Voice

Post by atreides »

Can I Screenshot you an example on mIRC? Would that suffice?

I'll try to describe it:

On the SteamID-Bots:

@searchalias "alias"
or
@searchchannel "channel"
or
@searchid "steamid"
or
@searchteam "team"

REPONSE: "alias" "team" "league of team" "irc channel" "steamid"

Yes, there would have to be a limit of 5 users because there are too many results for certain aliases, unlses there is a way to add two pieces of information to a search.

Thanks.

Sorry for the laziness. I wrongfully assumed you have mIRC
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

I'll have something in a day or 3.
j
jhan86
Voice

Post by jhan86 »

sound good! thanks :-)
#scripts @ GameSurge
a
atreides
Voice

Post by atreides »

Thanks a lot rosc, and thanks for bringing this one up jhan.

About the message after jhan, it seems we posted our mssages at the same time. The time difference was 1 minute, but i didn't know he posted it. Sorry for the repetition
a
atreides
Voice

Post by atreides »

As well, I was wondering if anybody could set up a "ScoreBot" script. A ScoreBot would relay information from a CounterStrike Server of events onto the IRC channel. Basically:

It connects to a server (CounterStrike)
It reports round scores and player kills to the channel.

Things like this already exist but I haven't found a .tcl script.

www.scorebots.org
j
jhan86
Voice

Post by jhan86 »

For Atreides: SteamIDBots on GameSurge is coded in mIRC. Eggdrop > mIRC
#scripts @ GameSurge
a
atreides
Voice

Post by atreides »

jhan86 wrote:For Atreides: SteamIDBots on GameSurge is coded in mIRC. Eggdrop > mIRC
Im Aware.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

atreides wrote: It connects to a server (CounterStrike)
It reports round scores and player kills to the channel.
URL for where to get scores?
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

jhan86 wrote:For Atreides: SteamIDBots on GameSurge is coded in mIRC. Eggdrop > mIRC
Making this kind of script in tcl is pretty easy..I just have quite a few other things going on and it's a holiday.
j
jhan86
Voice

Post by jhan86 »

Its hard for me. Im pretty new to TCL. Sockets always got me confused even in mIRC coding. :(
#scripts @ GameSurge