This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Error Non-matching handle lengths with ...

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
g
goliath2k
Voice

Error Non-matching handle lengths with ...

Post by goliath2k »

Non-matching handle lengths with botnick, they use 32 characters.

ok.. never ran into this before. tried searching for the error here with no luck. i've linked over 100 bots and have no clue what is causing this..
can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks.
G
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

This means the bots have differant handle length. There is a script which you can try to see if it fixes it. Available from barkerjr.net.
g
goliath2k
Voice

Post by goliath2k »

i did some looking and found out that's what it is..

i changed the length on one to see if that would do it.. i don't have acc. to the other bot's server atm.

i'll give that script a try and see what happens.

TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

The nick leght and handle lenght are defined in eggdrop<version>/src/eggdrop.h the default is 9. It pretty much means if all else fails, recomplie the offending bot (lowest* handle lenght) and try again. But good luck, althou i dont use that script, i've not heard anything bad about it so it should work. :)
w
wheels
Voice

Non-matching handle lengths

Post by wheels »

Line 63 of eggdrop.h which can be found in eggdrop.1.6.*/src
#define HANDLEN 9 /* valid values 9->NICKMAX */
on eggdrop change this line to
#define HANDLEN 32 /* valid values 9->NICKMAX */
Recompile eggdrop, I have tested this and it works fine
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

pretty sure that with eggdrop 1.6x that every bot in the botnet needs to have the same values for handlen in order to link.
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

Yep dose from what i remenber. :oops: never been to confidant with using botnets, all the linking and stuff tends to be a bit complicated. The most i could do was bot1 -> bot2 -> bot3(hub) lol thats pretty much it. The sharing of channels was a nitemare, at times i'd blame the +g flag not working. human error i guess. Anyway, just for a referance i thought i'd give mention this. as its on setting up a botnet and stuff. :P