This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

What are your thoughts on us?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
Sharpnet
Voice

What are your thoughts on us?

Post by Sharpnet »

I'm just trying to get a general census of where and how we're known around the net. Any kind of coments are more than welcomed.

Thanks.

Devon Dunham
Owner
Sharpnet Communications, Inc.
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

Well, I'll always love you devon :P
W
Wcc
Master

Post by Wcc »

I had an account with sharpnet for about a year.. Overall, it was a good experiance. About 2-3 weeks ago, my account was suspended because (I assume) my email address was changed and the invoices could not go through. I called and emailed more than once, and never got any reply. I ended up switching providers.

Wcc
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

And i love you too Devon :P

I also had a recent suspended a/c due to something i dont remember, but just due to Devon's IRC presence, i spoke to him directly, and we worked things out..

But Sharpnet, is good. :)
Dormant egghead.
S
Sharpnet
Voice

Hmm.. Doesn't sound like us..

Post by Sharpnet »

Wcc wrote:I had an account with sharpnet for about a year.. Overall, it was a good experiance. About 2-3 weeks ago, my account was suspended because (I assume) my email address was changed and the invoices could not go through. I called and emailed more than once, and never got any reply. I ended up switching providers.

Wcc
I'm sorry that you decided to switch so quickly. If you sent an e-mail and call as you said, I'm sure the problem would have been resolved within a timely fashion. Did you ever leave a message and are you sure the mails didn't bounce for some crazy reason?
Devon Dunham
http://www.sharpnet.net/ - http://www.snchosting.com
http://www.shellhostingtalk.com -- Unbiased, no non-sense, shell discussion..
W
Wcc
Master

Post by Wcc »

I left a message with both billing and tech support, and according to my mailserver logs, the email didn't bounce. After about a week with no response, I then left a message that I wished to cancel my account, and never was called back, but I assume my account is canceled as I have not received a bill. I'm sure it wasn't on purpose, and I will still continue to regard sharpnet as a good shell provider.

Wcc
S
Sharpnet
Voice

Post by Sharpnet »

Wcc wrote:I left a message with both billing and tech support, and according to my mailserver logs, the email didn't bounce. After about a week with no response, I then left a message that I wished to cancel my account, and never was called back, but I assume my account is canceled as I have not received a bill. I'm sure it wasn't on purpose, and I will still continue to regard sharpnet as a good shell provider.

Wcc
Great! We appreciate the comments.. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I'll be sure to get it taken care of this time..

Thanks.
Devon Dunham
http://www.sharpnet.net/ - http://www.snchosting.com
http://www.shellhostingtalk.com -- Unbiased, no non-sense, shell discussion..
l
lucy

Post by lucy »

hi
devon, you know what i think.. sharpnet is an excellent shell provider :)

i think i've been with sharpnet 3 years now. my how time flies!
and its only gotten better and better since i've been a customer.
whenever someone asks for references for good shell providers, ive always included sharpnet in the list.
B
Bever
Voice

Re: What are your thoughts on us?

Post by Bever »

Sharpnet wrote:I'm just trying to get a general census of where and how we're known around the net. Any kind of coments are more than welcomed.

Thanks.

Devon Dunham
Owner
Do you support IPv4 to IRCNet?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

100% of standard shell providers, that allow eggdrops, support IPv4. And again, access to IRCnet.

It is IRCnet themselve theat do not support the shell providers.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

lucy wrote:and its only gotten better and better since i've been a customer.
whenever someone asks for references for good shell providers, ive always included sharpnet in the list.
Same with me.. Since the time I've been having a sharpnet account, it all went really great except a couple things I don't even remember. And yeah, sharpnet tops my list of shell providers.

And what I feel is, Sharpnet is devoted to their work, unlike most of the other shell providers who start their shell company as a part-time hobby. And as a result, the admins dont find enuf time to cater to the needs of their customers. Also, you wont find shell providers active on IRC which most of the customers, like me, desire.. and Sharpnet has a good presence.

Other shell providers say we answer email better than IRC questions. And most of the time we either get the replies late, or even sometimes we dont get a reply! Most of the new enthusiastic users always want their account to get activated a.s.a.p, which can easily be done by IRC interaction, and which atleast 60% of the shell-providers are not good at maintaining.

Bottomline, Sharpnet comes out as a topper in my analysis. :D
Dormant egghead.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Same with me.. Since the time I've been having a sharpnet account, it all went really great except a couple things I don't even remember. And yeah, sharpnet tops my list of shell providers.

And what I feel is, Sharpnet is devoted to their work, unlike most of the other shell providers who start their shell company as a part-time hobby. And as a result, the admins dont find enuf time to cater to the needs of their customers. Also, you wont find shell providers active on IRC which most of the customers, like me, desire.. and Sharpnet has a good presence.

Other shell providers say we answer email better than IRC questions. And most of the time we either get the replies late, or even sometimes we dont get a reply! Most of the new enthusiastic users always want their account to get activated a.s.a.p, which can easily be done by IRC interaction, and which atleast 60% of the shell-providers are not good at maintaining.

Dormant egghead.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Dormant egghead.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Dormant egghead.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Dormant egghead.