This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

greeting

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
Amr
Halfop

greeting

Post by Amr »

guys , anyone got tcl that greets specific users on join , please post it.
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

Did you check EggHelp's tcl archive? There is a Greet category. I am sure you will find what you need there.
Libera ##rtlsdr & ##re - Nick: spithash
Click here for troll.tcl
Amr
Halfop

Post by Amr »

I found there "greetcommand.tcl" , but when the specific users join , it private them.
I need it to be public.
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: greeting

Post by willyw »

Amr wrote:guys , anyone got tcl that greets specific users on join , please post it.
Would Eggdrop's built in info command do what you want?

http://www.egghelp.org/commands/irc.htm#msg_info

and

http://www.egghelp.org/commands/channels.htm#info
Amr
Halfop

Post by Amr »

it's for specific channels , I need it for *specific users* on join.
r
rayvtirx
Voice

Post by rayvtirx »

usernotes has something like this dosnt it?
Amr
Halfop

Post by Amr »

nope , it will message him/her in private , not in *public*.

I need it to be shown in the *main* of the channel.
Trixar_za
Op

Post by Trixar_za »

Hmmm, let me guess. You probably only tried like one or two scripts before deciding that you should come here and DEMAND we do it for you. When help then was offered you refused it because we're not spoon feeding it to you.

Further more if you brothered to to read the greetcommand.tcl's comments, you could have figured this out already.

It's +grtcmd NICK privmsg #CHANNEL :Message

And before you go on tirade about how 'this isn't your job' - maybe we should remind you that this isn't our job either. A little respect, kindness and a willingness to learn can go along way here.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Amr,
I don't quite follow you on this one:
it's for specific channels , I need it for *specific users* on join.
The info-line is set on a user record, not a channel record. You can have individual user info-lines for each channel; though if not set, the global user info-line will be used instead. If neither a channel-specific, nor a global info-line is set for the user, then the bot will stay silent as the user joins the channel.

Further, if you need to prevent some users from changing their info-line, that is fully possible. Simply prefix the info-line with @.

I'm not sure how this does not satisfy your original request, could you try to be a bit more specific in your request?

Trixar_Za: Easy now, this is "Script Request", where we do have relaxed posting guidelines. We do encourage posters to do some research for already-existing scripts before posting, and linking/recommending such a script is a fully valid response to such a request.
Similarly, a poster is free to state that a solution did not fulfill the initial request, preferrably with explanations on how the solution did not qualify.
Also, as a forum member, you are free to completely ignore any and all posts within this forum.
NML_375
Trixar_za
Op

Post by Trixar_za »

He wants to the bot to greet specific users when they join a specific channel with a specific greet message each. The above greetcommand.tcl command I gave does that.

And in my defence, back when I started this kind of behaviour would have gotten me flamed to death, so I expect some common curtsey from the person asking the questions. Just having somebody try something on their own, failing and asking here nicely is all I ask. I'd go to the ends of the earth for somebody that asks me in a nice manner. It's when people start acting irate and demanding, that I get reluctant and maybe a little mean.

I apologise for my outburst earlier though.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Trixar_Za: No worries, we all have a bad day every now and then.
NML_375
Amr
Halfop

Post by Amr »

thanks for the help , i'm really appreciate it.