This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

all bots flooding -b

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
m
medeski
Voice

all bots flooding -b

Post by medeski »

ive tried to fix this by changing the time that bans expire to a longer time on all the bots but 2, he did a manual restart of the bots from the shell not just .restart from he partyline, this hasnt seemed to change anyting, i know this can be fixed becasue i did it on my old botnet a few years ago, but dont remember how i did it. any ideas?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

If you are thinking of the ban-time setting, this is applied for each channel record individually.

The global-ban-time setting is only a default value used when creating new channel records - updating this will not affect already-created channel records.

Further, eggdrop uses a separate file to save channel-settings in order to restore these upon restarting your eggdrop; thus changing the ban-time setting in the channel record will usually have no effect - you need to use the .chanset command from the dcc partyline instead.
NML_375
m
medeski
Voice

Post by medeski »

okay so when i use chanset i set the channel + or - what?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

From the dcc partyline:

Code: Select all

.chanset #thechannel ban-time 120
NML_375
m
medeski
Voice

Post by medeski »