This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

+S mode on linknet

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
h
hankey

+S mode on linknet

Post by hankey »

hi,
i tried search but i couldnt find anything releated. linknet uses "/mode #chan +S" to secure a channel. that prevents users with an unencrypted connection to join in. when i define my chanmodes with ".chanset #chan chanmode +S" the eggdrop will ignore the uppercase S or convert it to lowercase, dunno exactly, since i always set the lowercase +s (for secret), too.

is there any possibilty to get the bot to set the +S ?
or will a future version of eggdrop support this mode ?

hankey
k
kain
Halfop

Post by kain »

you could use:
.dump mode #chan +S
or script it
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

As stated, you could script somthing to set this flag correctly.

However, for a full explanation regarding why this will not be added, see this post
h
hankey

Post by hankey »

thx, i already was afraid of that this is the reason.
well then i gotta go and learn scripting a bit ;)
mcdarby
Halfop

Re: +S mode on linknet

Post by mcdarby »

hankey wrote:hi,
i tried search but i couldnt find anything releated. linknet uses "/mode #chan +S" to secure a channel. that prevents users with an unencrypted connection to join in. when i define my chanmodes with ".chanset #chan chanmode +S" the eggdrop will ignore the uppercase S or convert it to lowercase, dunno exactly, since i always set the lowercase +s (for secret), too.

is there any possibilty to get the bot to set the +S ?
or will a future version of eggdrop support this mode ?

hankey
If this bot is on a network that has services and your channel already has +r, you can do a "/ChanServ HELP" to learn how to have ChanServ set and keep the +S instead of the bot.

--
Erik McDarby
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Just checking, you are using 1.6.12 with the SSL patch?

You aere connected using ssl?

It's a bit pointless, when a OP sets +S, when that means he can't join in himself. It may be the network that is removing it.
S
SmokeyOne
Halfop

LinkNet's +S command

Post by SmokeyOne »

ppslim wrote:Just checking, you are using 1.6.12 with the SSL patch?

You aere connected using ssl?

It's a bit pointless, when a OP sets +S, when that means he can't join in himself. It may be the network that is removing it.
LinkNet doesn't use services, its a normal channel command, which has to be set by the user or in this case a bot. I would just be better to script the channel command, and might as well include some other SSL stuff in it.

the +S command is just a flag that denies none SSL clients to join a channel that's +Sed.

Also, the network wouldn't remove this flag unless it was changed after a split, which isn't something that is common on LinkNet
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

In a real life example.

User connects to a server.

He decides to set himself +i for invisable. On top, he decides to set himself +o (IE, and IRCOPER).

The server would simply drop the +o, as he isn't authorised.

In the real world, once some1 has sent and euthorised an /oper command, he/she can set +o or -o on there usermode (not channel user or channel mode) as they wish.

My point is, is it the same for the +S flag. Will the IRC server allow a NON SSL connected client/bot to set this mode?
S
SmokeyOne
Halfop

Post by SmokeyOne »

ppslim wrote:In a real life example.

User connects to a server.

He decides to set himself +i for invisable. On top, he decides to set himself +o (IE, and IRCOPER).

The server would simply drop the +o, as he isn't authorised.

In the real world, once some1 has sent and euthorised an /oper command, he/she can set +o or -o on there usermode (not channel user or channel mode) as they wish.

My point is, is it the same for the +S flag. Will the IRC server allow a NON SSL connected client/bot to set this mode?
Knowing that this is a user/channel flag. as a user if your not connect under SSL, no you can not set this flag, but if your a normal user and do /mode #blah +S you will set the channel +S. If you leave the channel and someone is in there, you won't be able to join the channel.
N
Nitro_007

Post by Nitro_007 »

hi im having the same problem and have started writing a tcl to enforce new channel modes ie linknets +S

and yes my bot has been patched and is connecting thru SSl server

the problem im having is the eggdrop command getchanmode = get chanmodes from its own enforce data not the real existing channel modes

how can i query the true channel modes in tcl rather than eggdrop settings

also if anyones interested heres my thread on the subbject

http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?p=22738#22738

which contains the basis of my 1st ever tcl script but due to the above problem it remains unfinnished

currently im in the position of pushmode #chan +S 1c an hour reguardless of if its allready set or not
id rather it checked 1c per minute and if set do nothing, if not set invoke
unless my approach to the problem is wrong and
itheres a better way to do this etc then please advise me on how it should be approached
M
MtM

Post by MtM »

how did you guys get your eggdrop+SSL patch to connect to a SSL server? Is there any special setting? Or just tell your eggy to connect to the SSL port on the ircd?
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

MtM wrote:how did you guys get your eggdrop+SSL patch to connect to a SSL server? Is there any special setting? Or just tell your eggy to connect to the SSL port on the ircd?
could be that you were asleep, Rumplestilskin, but there is a new service called goooooooooooooooooogle, you should check it out someday, then you could be cool like me and spit out links to LinkNet's SSL page. I gave this document a cursory glance only, and figured most people who are having trouble connecting with eggdrop to ssl-encrypted servers on linknet have not read this, so they wouldn't know to use port 7000 :mrgreen: are you one o' them people? :wink:
M
MtM

Post by MtM »

heh, well... I DO connect to port 7000! And it still won't connect. (Linknet) Is there anything else you know of that will stop me from connecting?
d
dollar
Op

Post by dollar »

Try this patch hankey, should work (this only adds the mode S to eggdrop, nothing else):
http://nullrouted.biz/linknet+S.diff
For information on how to apply this patch to your bot read this.
dollar (or something similar) at:
#eggdrop / #tcl - undernet
#egghelp / #tcl / #eggtcl - efnet
#eggdrop.support / #tcl - quakenet
#eggdrop - ircnet
s
soraver
Voice

Post by soraver »

so, where can i find this linknet+s.diff?
there's a 404 there, and eggdrop still doesnt support the +S mode :S